Tuesday 6 May 2008

Lunch

Isn't it a lovely day today? The sun is shining and its lovely and warm (I am ignoring the excess tingling in my legs) and I am sat behind a desk. Bah humbug. I'm on my lunch break so have decided, seeing as we still have internet access, to post. I know I promised not to but I enjoy it so you'll have to put up with me!!

We moved house on Friday!! It all (give or take the sofa) went really well and we were in with all our gear by 14:00. We actually had a phone call to tell us all the money had been transferred at around 10:00! I never thought it would be that early, I guessed it would be after midday seeing as it took all day to exchange. The movers got everything into the van by midday, after a fight with the sofa lasting around 30 minutes and headed off and we closed B's front door for the final time at 12:15. I picked up the keys and then there we were! The movers unpacked quickly and headed off and Mum and Dad stayed until 17:00 ish to help clean up after the movers, we then unpacked a few bits, went out to get some cable for the Sky box and had fish and chips for dinner.

It was very successful overall. Romans did their jobs and sold both houses quickly, even after our first buyer fell through. My house was sold through Winnersh branch and B's through Reading. They have dedicated sales progressors who are much less annoying than the wide boy valuers and sales people and with plenty of regular pressure did a very good job.

Solicitors, well Willmett and Co, in Woodley were ok. They were fairly useless at chasing things up properly and occasionally didn't read letters properly but with me emailing them every other day the sale went through within a reasonable time scale - about 12 weeks so I am happy enough. I'm sure there are better and worse Solicitors out there and they were reasonable priced for a shared ownership sale.

EJ Winter and Co from Reading were better than Willmetts. They had regular pressure from me throughout the sale, every other day to begin with, and always managed to do what they said they'd do within a good time scale. From getting new buyers to completion was 8 weeks (ish) so not bad at all. We lost 3 weeks with our original buyers but still managed to move only one week later than the original preferred date! All very well done.

Smooth Move did a very good job. Three nice chaps loaded the van and then there was a fourth appeared for unloading. They struggled with the sofa which really didn't want to go out. In the end they took off both doors and the beading around each of the doors.....still it went in the end! They were very helpful and very nice and chatty and were worth every penny! I would quite happily recommend them for removals. Oh, they supplied us with plenty of boxes and packing tape for a deposit which we should get back once we unpack!

Other than that, I have all my paperwork for my new job, just need to sign and send it off and buy another suit.... Only have to one I bought for interviews. I guess I ought to get back to the wedding planning as well.......

My MS has decided to rear its ugly head. I'm not surprised really though. It's been a really stressful couple of months and I am now tired. I haven't slept properly for a couple of days and have worked hard. I now appear to have a touch of ON in my right eye - maybe. I've never had it in that eye before so I am wondering if it is a floater or a problem caused by my stigmatism - which has happened before. My left eye is ok which is great! No change so fortunately I can still see fine with both eyes open! I am hopeing a little rest and relaxation will help, I am starting this evening!!

Waffle over!

1 comment:

mdmhvonpa said...

Nothing like a little stress to get that old MS bugger all cranked up, eh?