Monday 21 May 2007

One Hour.....

Today has been what can only be described as emotional. I had an appointment with my consultant at about 10am to get the full results of my scan. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good because she checked I was bringing my Mum....

We arrived at 09:45 to find a patient had canceled and we therefore got their space. The basic gist is that by 10:45 I walked out of the consultants room knowing that I have Multiple Sclerosis, obviously not what I wanted to hear but then it could have been worse. On the plus side I got to see an MRI of my brain! Yes there is one there and its generally healthy!! I'm obviously not ignoring the MS but it was fascinating, I saw my eyes and ears and CSF ventricles, very interesting. There was nothing on the MRI of my C-spine so I didn't get to see it..... I had blood taken to test for everything under the sun and have to go to the JR (John Radcliffe) near Oxford so they can aim stuff at my eyes and test for inflammation there. Then its an appointment to see another consultant about Interferons for the MS. So much fun!!

Hopefully this episode of inflammation will go away in the next couple of months and I can get back on the road. Will have forgotten everything already anyway. Every extra day is just compounding it! I have steroids to kick start things as my body is being lazy, I have to take 500mg Pred every morning plus Omeprazole. So fingers crossed I get my hands on the unsuspecting Berkshire public soon!!

No comments: